Arrest warrants in Cumberland County, New Jersey do not come from the police; however, like all other judicial processes, the magistrate’s office and that of the clerk of court play no role in the actual arrest of the offenders. In fact, the execution of all legal instruments including bench warrants, search orders and criminal summons along with active warrants is left to the cops.
Of these various court directives, significant emphasis is placed on the execution of Cumberland County outstanding warrants for arrests, as these are generally issued in connection with serious misdemeanors or felonies. Once an arrest warrant is issued in the name of an accused, the police have to serve this order without undue delays
In fact, they are granted special authority when executing such orders. So, a police officer can cross county and state boundaries when pursing an alleged offender with a judicial order of arrest to his name. Although certain limitations have been placed on the execution of bench warrants, as far as felonious orders for detention go, these can be served without restrictions of time and geography.
In an attempt to ensure that the maximum number of law enforcement agencies have information pertaining to outstanding warrants from Cumberland County, the local police frequently issue a most wanted list and send information on all pending arrest orders to a central, nationwide repository maintained by the FBI. Although, you may not be given access to this database in response to a warrant search initiated by you, it will be possible to get details on arrest records and warrants from the following state agencies.
- The police: 220 N Laurel St, Bridgeton, New Jersey 08302
- The county clerk: 60 West Broad Street, Bridgeton, New Jersey 08302
- The court of the magistrate: 60 W Broad St, Bridgeton, NJ 08302
How do you contact Cumberland County officials to inquire about active warrants and recent arrests? (2021-current)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Cumberland County Jail at (856) 453-4890 / (856) 453-4832/(856) 453-4832.
- To access arrest records and incident reports, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (856) 451-4449.
- To get judicial records, call the Superior Court Clerk at 856-451-8000.
- To inquire about outstanding warrant against him/her, call the judiciary at 856-451-7565/856-455-8722.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the Cumberland Attorney’s Office at (856) 453-0486 ext. 11100.
Cumberland County, NJ lies in the middle of the crime spectrum with an annual incident rate of about 7000. Of these occurrences, nearly 13% are found to be violent. This obviously does not bode well for the residents of the area; however, they can take heart in the dip of almost 15% seen in the crime average over the ten years from 1999 to 2008.