When you are seeking arrest records in Hunterdon County, New Jersey along with outstanding warrants related data, your search is bound to take you to one or more county offices. It is imperative to understand at this point that given the serious nature of arrest warrants, multiple government sources keep information pertaining to these orders. These include:
The sheriff office: The law enforcement agency has a special branch that is dedicated to court interactions. Known as the court services divisions, this subset of the sheriff’s office takes all information pertaining to a case and transforms it into a formal petition that gets placed in front of the local tribunal when a warrant is needed.
Once offenders are detained under active warrants for arrests from Hunterdon County, the police process them and have the additional job of presenting them before the court. From here on, prisoner transport is also the responsibility of the sheriff’s office that escorts the accused to and from the court.
The judiciary: The office of the magistrate and the clerk of court play their own respective roles in the process. While the former is in charge of studying the police petition and issuing the warrant, the county clerk’s office prepares and maintains the court dockets which are a written account of every court session. When it comes to the dissemination of crime history data, all three agencies participate in the task. So, for a warrant search you can connect with:
- The county clerk’s department: 71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
- The sheriff’s office: 8 Court Street, PO Box 2900, Flemington, New Jersey 08822-2900
- The court of the magistrate: 65 Park Ave, Flemington, NJ 08822
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Hunterdon County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To find out about recent arrests, contact the Hunterdon County Jail at (908) 788-1184
(908) 806-4004 / (908) 806-5542.
- To learn about outstanding warrants, contact the judiciary at 908-782-5770.
- To get access to arrest records, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Department at 908-788-1166.
- To learn about victim’s services, call the Hunterdon County Attorney’s Office at (908) 788-1129.
- To learn more about obtaining access criminal court records, contact the Clerk’s Office at 908-824-9750.
Hunterdon County, NJ has one of the lowest crime rates in the state with annual incident figures seldom reaching the 1000 mark. Over the ten year period from 1999 to 2008, only about 7500 cases were registered in the area which is lower than the annual crime average of most other divisions of New Jersey. In terms of violent crime, around 50 complaints are filed against these per annum.