Finding arrest records from Mercer County, New Jersey is not as tedious a task as people make it out to be. In fact, given the simplicity with which a warrant search can be initiated through one of the local justice agencies, you simply have no excuse to forgo this essential safety measure.
When looking for outstanding warrants from Mercer County, you can connect with any of the state department that issues or executes these judicial orders. Most notable among these government agencies are the offices of the sheriff and the magistrate. While the former places the request for arrest warrants the latter is responsible for their issue. To connect with these justice entities, you will have to, in all likelihood, visit them in person. They are located at:
- The sheriff’s: 175 S Broad St, Trenton, New Jersey 08650
- The county clerk’s: PO Box 8068, Trenton, New Jersey 08650
- The magistrate’s: 209 S Broad St, Trenton, NJ 08608
A small fee will be charged for all warrant searches initiated through these offices and the information offered will be limited to the state of New Jersey. In contrast, if you were to approach an online agency that sells crime history data, you could get details on active warrants for arrests issued all over the country along with arrest records, conviction details and more. To access a credible database of crime records, fill the form above.
If you would rather get in touch with a state office, it would help to pick the police for ‘crime only’ records. In contrast, the clerk of court will be able to furnish information pertaining to all cases that the subject is involved in including civil matters.
How do you contact state agencies for an arrest report or details about warrants from Mercer County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- When you want to get a warrant search done, contact the courts-(609) 989-3700.
- When you want to know about recent arrests, call the Mercer County Jail-(609) 583-3545 / (609) 989-6901/(609) 583-3553.
- When you want an arrest report, call the Sheriff’s Office- (609) 989-6111.
- When you need to get in touch with Victim/Witness Services, call the Victim’s Advocate-(609) 989-6305.
- When you want to know about accessing criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Circuit Court-(609) 571-4200.
Mercer County, NJ police receive almost 9000 complaints every year. Fortunately the maximum of these are against property crimes with violent incidents occupying no more than 14% of the total, annual crime rate. Despite a fall of over 70% in the rates of violent crime and a decrease of nearly 30% in reported crime rates, a criminal act is committed in the area every hour.