For an arrest warrant search in Ocean County, NJ, you can try the offices of the sheriff, the county clerk or the sitting magistrate. Of course, it is also possible to simply look through the most wanted list posted online or visit the local law enforcement chapter to find information on criminals who have been evading the law.
However, the former will get you more exhaustive information as every one of the agencies listed below plays a distinctive role in the legal processes of the state. Let us take the example of the sheriff’s department. This agency makes arrests in connection with Ocean County active warrants and holds the offenders till they can be taken to court for a bail hearing.
Is it any wonder then that the cops have details on all detentions that have occurred in the area along with a list of arrest warrants that have already been executed, charges filed in such matters and also those decrees for detention that are pending. Similarly, the office of the magistrate which is in charge of releasing all legal instruments will have details on a lot more than Ocean County outstanding warrants.
You will also be able to find information on the gamut of judicial processes such as bench warrants, summons and search orders from the court of the sitting judge. The county clerk’s office functions along the same lines. Although this agency plays a passive role in justice procedures, they do keep information on all cases.
So, by scouring their court dockets database, you will be able to get details on active warrants, arrests, civil matters, criminal case dispositions, sentencing and more. To get in touch with these departments, you will have to visit them in person or send you request for a warrant search through mail to:
- The office of the sheriff: 120 Hooper Ave, Toms River, New Jersey 08753
- The court of the magistrate: 118 Washington St, Toms River, NJ 08753
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 2191, Toms River, New Jersey 08754
- The most wanted list: http://www.co.ocean.nj.us/OCsheriff/MostWanted.aspx
What are your options for finding details on warrants and recent arrests from Ocean County over the phone? (2021-current)
- Contact the police department for information about incident and accidents and an arrest report-(732) 929-2044.
- Contact the judiciary for all inquiries about active warrants- (732) 797-3914.
- Dial the phone number of the Ocean County Jail for information on recent arrests and inmate arrest records-(732) 929-2043 / (732) 929-2137.
- Obtain information about victim’s rights and assistance by contacting the Ocean County Attorney’s Office- (732) 929-2027.
- Learn about criminal case court dates and judicial records by calling the Clerk of Court- (732) 929-2042.
Despite its annual crime average of more than 10,000 incidents, Ocean County, New Jersey is an area of the state where the crime rates seem to be in control. However, this scenario may change rapidly if the increase of almost 35% in the average of reported crimes is anything to go by. Fortunately, although the rate of violent crime clocked in a concerning 750 cases per annum, there was no increase in the rate of this crime category.