If you have never bothered looking for information on Passaic County arrest warrants, this would be a good time to start. After all, there is no other way to know if unscrupulous elements have already entered your inner circle under the guise of professional and personal acquaintances. Although insurance can safeguard your assets, a preventative option is to simply get a warrant search done.
For this, you will need to approach the office of the Passaic County clerk, the sheriff’s department or the local district court. These agencies are located at:
- The police: 435 Hamburg Turnpike, Wayne, New Jersey 07470
- The clerk of court: 401 Grand Street, Room 130, Patterson, New Jersey 07505
- The judiciary: 77 Hamilton St, Paterson, NJ 07505
All of these government departments are in some way associated with the process of issuing active warrants for arrests and their execution. For instance, the police place a petition for judicial arrest orders and other legal processes. They maintain information pertaining to these orders including posting a list of the county’s most wanted; they also serve these outstanding warrants and detain the accused till he can be presented in court.
The sitting judge has the job of carefully analyzing all case facts kept before the bench by the sheriff’s office. On the other hand, the department of the county clerk has been entrusted the task of keeping the court dockets which are case records for all matters that are heard by the local tribunals.
Who can assist you with a warrant search and arrests inquiry in Passaic County over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- If you are interested in learning about recent arrests, contact the Passaic county Jail at (973-881-4620/973-881-4619.
- If you want to learn about active warrants, call the judiciary at 973-321-1515.
- If you need an arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 973-389-5900.
- If need victim’s assistance, contact the Passaic County Attorney at 973-881-4800.
- If you want more information about obtaining criminal court records, connect with the Clerk’s Office at 973-247-8000.
Passaic County, NJ police receive nearly 15,000 criminal complaints every year of which an estimated 2500 are in connection with violent criminal acts. Despite the reduction of almost 15% in both violent and reported criminal occurrences, the police have been unable to bring down the higher than normal annual crime rate of the area.